Menus? It's all about YOU!
Every menu is personalized!
Everything I prepare is handcrafted and customized to your individual tastes, taking into account any allergies you may have, any special diet you need to follow, and any likes or dislikes you have. My goal is to make each meal I prepare for you the very best you have ever tasted. In order to accomplish this, every menu selection is based on our initial consultation as well as feedback you provide as you consume your meals. I thrive on your input, both prior to my cooking and after.
- Chef Jo ONLY cooks with whole grains, organic, free-range, grass-fed or otherwise unadulterated foods.
- Each main dish, unless it’s a meal-in-one dish, will be served with an appropriate side dish.
- Salads are best when eaten within a day or two of your chef date, as are fish dishes.
- Soups can either be left hot in your crockpot for you to have on the evening of your chef date, or packaged for you to heat and enjoy later.
- Soup and salad entrees are normally served with fresh-baked muffins, biscuits, or garlic bread as a side dish.
In addition, I will be happy to prepare any of your family’s favorite recipes, or to discover new recipes from all over the world for your dining pleasure. Just ask for anything you’d like, and if at all possible you’ll see it in your fridge the next time I cook for you.
Many dishes on my menu can be prepared in a crockpot or slow cooker, and will be ready to eat when you arrive home on the evening of your chef date. If you don’t have a slow cooker, I’ll be happy to pick one up for you. It’s wonderful to come home and find a hot dinner waiting for you, and the house smelling great.
One of my main concerns for my clients is cutting down on the amount of sodium and fat they consume on a daily basis....every menu item presented is prepared based on this principal. I specialize in healthy meals and pride myself on the freshness of ingredients and the use of herbs from my organic herb garden as well as the best spices available to flavor my cooking instead of the use of copious amounts of salt and fat.
Chef Jo's All-Organic Fresh Herb Garden
I have also created a specific menu dedicated to Mediterranean cuisine and it's components.
Heart-healthy Mediterranean Cuisine
- Baked Citrus-Herb Salmon
- Balsamic-Glazed Tuna
- Autumn Apple and Spinach Salad
- Baked Eggplant with Savory Cheese Stuffing
- Pumpkin Risotto
- Coconut Crab and Shrimp Salad
- Ginger Shrimp and Carrot Couscous
- Risotto with Asparagus, Spinach and Parmesan
- Broiled Tilapia with Coconut Curry Sauce
- Brown and Red Rice with Pearled Barley and Rye Berries
Weight Watchers is a trusted name for weight loss. I have developed many meals based on the the Flex Plan patented POINTS Food System. Here is a sample of that menu:
Weight Watchers Meals
- Asian Halibut - serving size 1/4 of fish - 3 points
Curried Basmati Rice - serving size 1 cup - 3 points
- Shrimp Scampi Crepes w/Wine Cream Sauce - serving size 3 crepes - 8 points
Roasted Veggies - serving size 1 cup - 2 points
- Rosemary Chicken wtih Wild Rice - serving size 1 cup - 6 points
Apple Chutney - serving size 1/4 cup - 1 point
- Grill-Ready Jamaican Jerk Swordfish - serving size 1 piece - 4 points
Mango Black Bean Salsa - serving size 3/4 c - 1 point
Couscous with Lime-Scallion Sauce - serving size 3/4 c - 3 points
- Marinated Flank Steak - serving size 3 slices - 5 points
Orzo with Garlic-Ginger Vegetables - serving size 1 cup - 3 points
- Asian Shrimp, Snow Peas, and Rice (full meal) - serving size 3/4 cup shrimp mixture and 1/2 c rice) - 5 points
- Pissaladiere Squares with Tomato Coulis and Goat Cheese - serving size one 4x5" square - 7 points
Tuscan Panzanella Salad - serving size 2 cups - 5 points
- Chinese Chicken Salad - serving size 2 1/2 cups - 6 points
- Roast Pork Puertorriqueno (pork tenderloin with orange-cumin glaze) - serving size 3 slices - 4 points
Mesclun, Orange and Walnut Salad - serving size 2 cups - 2 points
Black Beans and Rice - serving size 1 cup each beans and rice - 9 points
I also provide menus based on comfort foods, or, what I call "down-home cookin' ". Please know that these dishes will also be prepared in the healthiest manner possible. I have found that it really isn't necessary to use a lot of salt, grease or processed foods in order to have our favorite childhood-memory meals! They still taste just like home!
"Down-home Cookin' "
- Mom’s Homemade Chicken Stew
- Green Beans with New Potatoes
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cream Corn Casserole
- Slow Roasted Lemon Chicken
- Nana’s Pot Roast with Carrots and Fingerling Potatoes
- Nana’s Scrumptious Meatloaf
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles
- Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- Spaghetti and Meatsauce
- Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Many times, clients like to have me prepare breakfast items for them to have during the week. Some of these can include:
- Quiches, fritattas, stratas
- Oatmeal with dried fruits and nuts
- Homemade granola, granola bars or protein bars
- Breakfast Tacos
- Homemade Egg "McMuffins"
- Coffee cakes, muffins, quick breads
- Fruit salads
I can also prepare any number of gourmet meals, reminiscent of fine restaurants, but, once again, using the freshest ingredients prepared in the most healthy manner possible:
- Boeuf Bourguignon
- Crab and Corn Chowder
- Chicken Curry
- Baked Angel Hair Pasta and Eggplant (using my made-from-scratch marinara sauce)
- Osso Bucco
- Honey and Soy Roasted Game Hen with Curried Green Apples
- Pork Tenderloin with Dried Cherries and Port Wine Sauce
- For Vegetarians—Acorn Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice and Winter Fruits
- Pork Stew with Leeks, Orange and Mint
- Herb-Seared Tuna with Caponata
- Salmon Salad with Green Herb Dressing and Couscous
- Grilled Steak Salad with Peaches and Lime Dressing
- Indian Spiced Brisket
- Orzo with Feta Cheese, Red Peppers and Asparagus Tossed with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Fettuccine with Pancetta, Spinach, Pine Nuts and Chipotle Chile
- Coconut Shrimp
- Roasted Winter Vegetables with Leeks and Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese and Walnut Soufflés
When we have our consultation, we can discuss your specific preferences and cravings…I will cook virtually anything you wish and look forward to the pleasure my cooking will bring to you and your family.
Call or email Chef Jo today to set up your free, no-obligation consultation:
Email: Email Chef Jo
Chef Jo’s Home Cooking, Inc. ~ Serving the Houston Metropolitan Area Since 2005