NEW!! Easy Cooking for Hard Times. Uncertainty about the future and talk of recession have many people wanting to eat well, but needing to cut the expense of restaurant meals. Whether you're a working parent or a busy single trying to put a good meal on the table, Chef Jo can help you learn how to create simple yet healthy meals for you and your family! These can be one-dish wonders, casseroles, or delicious slow-cooker meals - all of which require little prep work and hardly any clean up! Call today to set up your class and recession-proof your dining!
All classes are held in the client's home, or other space available to the client (i.e., workplace or apartment kitchen). Chef Jo can also do demonstrations where there is no kitchen access.
Cooking lessons can be for an individual, a couple or you can gather all your friends. These lessons include all groceries as well as a full meal at the end of your lesson, so you get to sit down and enjoy what you created while Chef Jo cleans up after you! Lesson pricing starts at $200.
Just a few sample of Chef Jo's classes are:
- Italian 101: You learn to make my special marinara sauce from scratch and then take this marinara sauce and make a fabulous cheesy lasagna. The lesson and meal also include roasted veggies and molten chocolate cakes!
- Couples Romantic Date Night: Choose from beautiful Steak au Poivre or my famous Beef Stroganoff, made-from-scratch decadent mashed potatoes, and roasted veggies. Learn to make a delicious organic salad and light-as-a-feather crepes from scratch (they're so easy, you'll want to make them every week!).
- Light and Flavorful: I have a wealth of South Beach, Weight Watchers, and Cooking Light recipes from which you can choose and I'll tailor these lessons to your specific diet needs. Email or call me for a listing.
- Healthy Dinner in a Flash: Really fast! I'll show you how to make an entire meal that is delicious, healthy and beautiful in 15-20 minutes! Bronzed Salmon with Sauteed Kale and Quinoa Pilaf is just one example.
- French Bistro: Coq au Vin with Boursin Mashed Potatoes head this wonderful menu...if you're game, I can show you how to make a creamy pate' and we'll complete the meal with a beautiful tarte tatin.
- Quick and Easy Greek: Broiled Lamb Chops with Roasted Lemon Potatoes, a wonderful and fun dessert lesson with phyllo dough or puff pastry - both of which seem very intimidating but are extremely easy to work with!
- Special Winter Class: Soul-Warming Soups and Piping Hot Homemade Bread....I have an entire list of fantastic soups and quick breads to choose from. Call or email for details.
- It's All About Chocolate: Oh my! An entire lesson centered around chocolate! Learn to make fudge, pudding cakes, truffles, cookies, mousse, brownies....let's talk and decide what you'll choose, as the list is so extensive and decadent! And, did you know that chocolate is very high in antioxidants and so very good for you?!
- "Let's Do Brunch!": Instead of heading out to an expensive restaurant brunch, have your friends over and impress them with these simple recipes! I'll show you how to make wonderful quiches and breakfast casseroles, made-from-scratch muffins or luxurious waffles. Call or email and let's talk about your preferences!
One of Chef Jo's most popular offerings, this is a fun way to entertain! There is no cooking on your part, but you provide your guests with a memorable experience and a delicious, homecooked meal!
You may choose from any of the classes listed above, or Chef Jo will create something special for you! Call me and let's get creative!
Includes a two- to three-hour cooking class and dinner. All groceries included. Rates for parties will vary depending upon menu chosen. Please call or email for a quote.
Whether you are a beginner or advanced cook, this cooking class series can get you started or refresh your repertoire.
There are either three or five classes per series. Classes are two to three hours long and can be done during the weekday or on a weekday evening. The course study includes all groceries, your own personalized keepsake binder with detailed cooking instructions, recipes and photos. And each class ends with a wonderful meal you can enjoy while Chef Jo cleans the kitchen for you! Cost is $200 per lesson.
Here is the course study for the Cooking Basics series of classes that Chef Jo offers:
1)Class 1: Sautéing
1) Using butter and oil to sauté
2) Deglazing to make a great sauce
2)Class 2: Braising and Stewing
1) Tender results of stewing
3)Class 3: Roasting
1) Basic roasting skills
3) Veggies (they're better roasted!)
4)Class 4: Sauces
5)Class 5: Salads and Dressings
1) Vinaigrette basics
Please call for pricing or to discuss other class subjects, which I will be happy to put together to specifically address your needs.
Gift certificates are great for Birthdays, Engagements, Weddings, Corporate Gifts or The Holidays...you can't go wrong!
How about a cooking class series for the newly married couple? Chef Jo can familiarize them with their new pots and pans and teach them the basics in the kitchen as they begin their new lives together.
Call or email Chef Jo today to set up your free, no-obligation consultation:
Email: Email Chef Jo
Chef Jo's Home Cooking, Inc. ~ Serving the Houston Metropolitan Area Since 2005